Waterbugs Survey – Belivah Creek
January 21, 2023 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am
Join us for our Waterbugs Survey and learn how to be a clever water investigator using all sorts of special equipment. You may not have noticed before, but our rivers and creeks are home to hundreds of different species of waterbugs!
Using your detective skills, you will be encouraged to discover and identify the amazing creatures lurking under the surface. You will learn how to forage for waterbugs and to check out what else is hidden in our waterways.
Waterbugs are not only an important food source for many creatures, but they play a vital role in the health of our waterways. Some are very sensitive to pollution, so through monitoring their numbers and diversity we can keep track of how healthy our waterways are.
The data collected is nationally recognised and shared with our local councils to provide up to date information about the health of our waterways.
- Sign up today, spaces are limited!
- This event is suitable for children 6 and over – parental/guardian supervision required.
- Please make sure you are aware of the current COVID-19 restrictions and do not attend if you are displaying COVID-19 or cold/flu symptoms, no matter how mild.
- If you can no longer attend, please cancel your booking via Eventbrite to free up your place to those who are on the waiting list. Alternatively, contact the Councils Environment Team on (07) 3412 4491 or email@example.com.
- For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org and the website: www.watergum.org
The workshop is delivered by Watergum as part of the City of Logan’s Environmental Events and Activities Program and citizen science initiatives under the Albert River Vision.