Citizen Science Programs
Contribute to the monitoring of platypus populations on the Gold Coast and in Logan!
- March/April and August/September
- Platypus365 Research Project
All volunteers must complete a PlatypusWatch Induction prior to participating.
Anlayse Water Heath on the Gold Coast and in Logan through data collection.
- Quarterly macro-invertebrate sampling at a variety of sites
- Monthly Water Quality testing accross the region
Adopt a site and help identify waterbugs four times a year to monitor season waterway health.
Cane Toad Challenge
Reduce cane toad numbers locally through tadpole trapping and toad busting.
- Optimise your tadpole trapping technique
- Community toad busting events
- Education and training
- Research and development
Control cane toand and contribut to Watergum’s national initiative to reduce the impacts of cane toads in Australia
TurtleWatch Gold Coast
Help to monitor Gold Coast beaches for sea turtle nesting.
- Walk the beaches during nesting season
- Clean up turtle habitat
- Raise awareness of turtle nesting on the Gold Coast
- Help to monitor active nests
Become a Gold Coast TurtleWalker