- This event has passed.
Cane Toad Busting – Capalaba
April 8, 2022 @ 5:30 pm - 8:00 pm
Learn how to reduce the cane toad population in your area at this hands on, educational activity for the whole family.
Do you want to make a difference to local native wildlife and reduce the cane toad population? Join Redland City Council’s Environment and Education Team in conjunction with Watergum for this fun and informative evening.
You will learn all about our valued native frogs while hunting for one of Australia’s most unwanted pests, the cane toad.
By the end of the evening you will have the skills you need to manage cane toads in your own backyard.
- The meeting point at Capalaba Regional Park is 13 Pittwin Rd North, Capalaba.
- Families are welcome but a parent/guardian must supervise children at all times.
- This activity is suitable for children five years and over.
- Bring your own: gloves, torch/headlight, bucket with lid, wet weather gear (if required) and your own water bottle. Pick-up stick/small pole net, optional.
- We recommend you wear long sleeves and long pants.
- This activity is for Redland City Council residents only.