Everything you need to know and more!
Scroll down for;
- Base camp information
- Basecamp map and layout
- Ticket information
- Accomodation information
- Food and catering
- Food and accomodation packages
- Activities especially for children
- Early Bird Ticket sales open October 6th
- General Ticket sales open October 13th
Don’t miss out on your favourite survey, register now!
Our base camp will be at the Bornhoffen Centre. This is where registrations and inductions will take place. There will also be catering on site, stalls with information and resources, workshops and accommodation and all the data will be processed on the spot!
NO CAMPING, ONLY BUNKS
Accommodation at Bornhoffen PCYC needs to be booked through our ticketing system!
3510 Nerang-Murwillumbah Road Natural Bridge QLD 4211
Basecamp Map key
Make a weekend of it and enjoy in Bornhoffen’s recently updated bunk rooms and facilities. Bookings through our ticketing system.
- Bunk bed in dormitory style rooms (sleeps 6 people per room, shared facilities) $35 p.n.p.p.
- Book the whole room for your family or friends! Info below
- Book your own private accommodation elsewhere in the valley
Kids 4 and under are free!
There will be a drinks station available all weekend with coffee, tea and water.
You will have option to purchase meal tickets for the following meal times:
- Breakfast: Saturday and Sunday $14
- Lunch: Saturday and Sunday $18
- Dinner: Friday and Saturday $20
- Daily morning tea and afternoon tea Free
Kids 4 and under eat free!
If you have a serious allergy, please email us on email@example.com to find out what meals you can and can’t eat.
Friday Dinner (gluten free and vegan option available)
Chicken Schnitzel w/- hot potato salad & steamed vegetables, gravy & dinner roll
Vegetarian Schnitzel w/- hot potato salad & steamed vegetables, gravy & dinner roll
Sticky Date Pudding w/ butterscotch sauce
Saturday Breakfast (gluten free and vegan option available)
Eggs, Baked Beans, Mushrooms, Hashbrown & Grilled Tomatoes
Served with toast and spreads & fruit
Saturday Lunch (gluten free and vegan option available)
Turkish Bread Melts w/ various toppings and salads
Saturday Dinner (gluten free and vegan option available)
Beef Stroganoff w/-rice, steamed vegetables, gravy & dinner rolls
Vegetarian Stroganoff w/-rice, steamed vegetables, gravy & dinner rolls
Sunday Breakfast (gluten free and vegan option available)
Eggs & Bacon with Tomato, Braised White Beans with a side of Falafel
Served with toast and spreads & fruit
Sunday Lunch (gluten free and vegan option available)
Chicken Burritos with Salad
Mexican Bean Burritos with Salad
Meal & Accomodation Packages
The Weekend Package – All the meals and accomodation you require for the whole weekend – 6 x meals, 2 nights accomodation
- $180 per person
Family/Group Accomodation – Book an entire cabin for you family or your group of friends, sleeps 6 – 8 people
- $200 per night
Day Pass – Only coming for the day? Purchase a day pass to gain access to the site. This enables you to utilise all the basecamp facilities such as presentations, workshops, swimming pool, natural creek, morning and afternoon tea, kids program and more, (Survey tickets must be purchased separately).
- Adults (12+) $10
- Kids (5-11) $5
- Kids 4 and under Free!
Activities at the Basecamp
- Yoga classed (gold coin donation)
- Piccabeen Environmental Bookshop
- Museum species display
- Swimming pool
- Basketball court and volleyball nets
- iNaturalist all weekend
- Natural Creek and forests
- Environmental workshops
- Environmental presentations
- Botany sampling
- Playing field
- Bonfire pit
- Kids program
- Kids surveys
- Mingling and networking
- Wildlife show
- On-site paramedics and ambulance
Birdwings Forest School
This year we have a heap of activities especially for children.
- Kids club Saturday and Sunday morning FREE! Curtesy of Birdwings’s Forest School with environmental activities, guided bush play and more. Kids under 5 must be accompanied by an adult
- Kids surveys $10 per child, shorter and sweeter than regular surveys, especially tailored for inquisitive young minds
- Interactive wildlife show FREE!
- The Bornhoffen grounds is a kids paradise with a swimming pool, natural creek, grassy fields, basketball and volleyball and a hidden forest
Please ensure that children are supervised and safe at all times. If adults are attending surveys, please ensure one adult remains at basecamp with the children.
Safety for yourself and others
Please take into account your physical abilities whilst purchasing tickets.
BioBlitz surveys are organised into 4 categories of difficulty
- Mountain Goat
Please don’t overestimate your ability as you will be out in the bush for a several hours. A survey isn’t any less comprehesive if the difficulty level is Easy.
If you don’t feel able to go on a survey, don’t worry, there are plenty of free presentations and workshops at our basecamp throughout Saturday and Sunday so you will be able to enjoy the event.
The Gold Coast BioBlitz with stay up to date with the current covid requirements for events.